The Ford FFV is an alternative fuel vehicle. It utilizes a mix of 85% Ethanol and 15% Gasoline, which is commonly known as E85 for fuel.
- Utilizes a renewable fuel source that can be produced easily.
- E85 is can be found at a growing number of fueling stations around the world.
- Engine automatically adjusts for mixture to help the environment.
- Can run gasoline, ethanol, or a mixture of both.
- E85 is a much cleaner source of fuel, which limits harm to the environment.
- Lowers mpg by about 20%
- Cost of E85 can be higher than gasoline.
- More expensive in general.
Vehicles with FFV Technology